Resident News Alerts
Thank you for checking this page. We want to keep you informed when a matter of importance arises.
If you would like to receive News Updates via E-mail, please provide your e-mail address* to the Town Clerk, Laura Aldrich.
- Jones Pier Renovations on Jungle Trail have begun! This Indian River County project will include the creation of a 4-acre saltmarsh wetland, a 1-mile walking trail, parking facilities and major site improvements including a new restroom/pavilion. Please see more details on this flyer.
- Collective Bargaining with the Police-Fire Union has been completed. Please see the current contract covering 2019-2022 at this link or at the Government - Departments page, along with the Organization Chart and other information.
- Short-Term Rentals have come under regulation by the Town to ensure compliance with safety regulations. Please find detailed information about this on the Doing Business page.
- Dogs Off-Leash On the Beach - The Council approved allowing dogs registered with the Town's Public Safety Department on beaches within the Town to be off-leash when under their owner's control from sunrise until 9 am and 5 pm until sunset. The registration process is available M-F, 8-4. As it has been since the 80's, dogs are allowed on-leash anytime on the beach within the Town limits. Please see this brochure for more details.
- Did you know a new County Satellite office for the Clerk of Court, Tax Collector and Property Appraiser is open at 3003 Cardinal Drive, Suite C? This is for the convenience for the oceanside residents rather than driving to the airport area main complex.
- The newly rebuilt Community Center is open for use! Please contact Chelley Pallo at 231-1771, extension 124 for assistance with availability and rates. More information is also posted on this page, under Amenities. We do not have regularly-scheduled activities that are Town-sponsored at this rental facility.
- The repaving of A1A from just outside the south border to just above County Road 510 is anticipated to begin in mid-to-late summer 2020, and will include widening the bike lanes, and also a lowered speed limit to 45 from 50 upon completion.
- The AT&T and Verizon arrays are set and fully functional on the cell tower. Residents are encouraged to submit a work order with their carrier if the signal is not better.
- Watering restrictions using City water (non-reuse) are in place, which limits lawn sprinkler usage, and occurs when Daylight Savings Time changes. We are under twice a week watering schedule in spring/summer, and once a week in fall/winter regulation by the St. John River Water Management District. Please find detailed information on the Utility Information page of our website.
- Turtle nesting season runs from March 1 and continues through October 31. Please see this page with details.
- Please click here to sign up for Town news alerts! For hurricane and Public Safety Alerts, sign up for Code Red at the bottom of the Indian River Shores Public Safety Department's Home page (scroll to the bottom).
All mail and e-mails received by the Town of Indian River Shores is public information under State law. E-mail should NOT be used for emergency notifications. Under Florida law, mailing addresses and e-mail addresses are public records. If you want to avoid the potential release of your mailing address or e-mail address in response to a public-records request, do not place your mailing address on written documents or send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact us by phone at (772) 231-1771.