Resident News Alerts
Thank you for checking this page. We want to keep you informed when a matter of importance arises.
If you would like to receive News Updates via E-mail, please provide your e-mail address* to the Town Clerk, Laura Aldrich.
- Dogs Off-Leash On the Beach - The Council approved the first reading of an ordinance which would allow registered dogs on beaches within the Town within specified hours to be off-leash and under their owner's control. The hours being recommended are sunrise until 9 am and 5 pm until sunset. The second reading of the ordinance, which is the soonest the law would go into effect, is scheduled for June 27th. Part of the procedure is a licensing process for this activity to be regulated by the Public Safety Department.
- The Pedestrian Crosswalk/Traffic Signal at Fred Tuerk/Beachcomber Lane is active as of 9 am, June 3rd. Please use caution at this intersection, as it is an on-demand light. This was recommended for safe crossing by the Florida Dept. of Transportation.
- Did you know a new County Satellite office for the Clerk of Court, Tax Collector and Property Appraiser is opening at 3003 Cardinal Drive, Suite C? The media and public are welcomed to tour at 10 am Friday, June 7th. This is for the convenience for the oceanside residents rather than driving to the airport area main complex.
- Beware of phishing! Please read this article from your Chief of Public Safety.
- The FDoT Project Manager for the repaving of A1A from just outside the south border to just above County Road 510 is Donovan Pessoa at Donnovan.Pessoa@dot.state.fl.us or call (954) 777-4442. This will include widening the bike lanes, and also a lowered speed limit to 45 from 50. It should be in process soon.
- The Verizon array for the top tier on the cell tower is installed and is expected to be functional possibly before summer. Residents are encouraged to submit a work order with their carrier if the signal is not better.
- The newly rebuilt Community Center is complete with the exception of landscaping and parking. Reservations will not be accepted until those are completed, the rates have been set and policies/procedures for rental have been established.
- Watering restrictions using City water (non-reuse) limits lawn sprinklers based on Daylight Savings Time changes, twice a week in spring/summer, once a week in fall/winter. Please find detailed information on the Utility Information page of our website.
- Turtle nesting season runs from March 1 and continues through October 31. Please see this page with details.
- Please click here to sign up for Town news alerts! For hurricane and Public Safety Alerts, sign up for Code Red at the bottom of the Indian River Shores Public Safety Department's Home page (scroll to the bottom).
All mail and e-mails received by the Town of Indian River Shores is public information under State law. E-mail should NOT be used for emergency notifications. Under Florida law, mailing addresses and e-mail addresses are public records. If you want to avoid the potential release of your mailing address or e-mail address in response to a public-records request, do not place your mailing address on written documents or send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact us by phone at (772) 231-1771