Resident News Alerts
Thank you for checking this page. We want to keep you informed when a matter of importance arises.
If you would like to receive News Updates via E-mail, please provide your e-mail address* to the Town Clerk, Laura Aldrich.
- Dogs Off-Leash On the Beach - The Council approved allowing dogs registered with the Town's Public Safety Department on beaches within the Town to be off-leash when under their owner's control from sunrise until 9 am and 5 pm until sunset. The registration process is available M-F, 8-4. As it has been since the 80's, dogs are allowed on-leash anytime on the beach within the Town limits. Please see this brochure for more details.
- The newly rebuilt Community Center is on schedule for use as early as August, after the rates have been set and policies/procedures for rental have been established. Reservations will not be accepted until those are completed,
- Did you know a new County Satellite office for the Clerk of Court, Tax Collector and Property Appraiser is open at 3003 Cardinal Drive, Suite C? This is for the convenience for the oceanside residents rather than driving to the airport area main complex.
- The FDoT Project Manager for the repaving of A1A from just outside the south border to just above County Road 510 is Donovan Pessoa at Donovan.Pessoa@dot.state.fl.us or call (954) 777-4442. This will include widening the bike lanes, and also a lowered speed limit to 45 from 50.
- The AT&T and Verizon arrays are set and fully functional on the cell tower. Residents are encouraged to submit a work order with their carrier if the signal is not better.
- Watering restrictions using City water (non-reuse) are in place, which limits lawn sprinkler usage, and occurs when Daylight Savings Time changes. We are under twice a week in spring/summer, once a week in fall/winter regulation by the St. John River Water Management District. Please find detailed information on the Utility Information page of our website.
- Turtle nesting season runs from March 1 and continues through October 31. Please see this page with details.
- Please click here to sign up for Town news alerts! For hurricane and Public Safety Alerts, sign up for Code Red at the bottom of the Indian River Shores Public Safety Department's Home page (scroll to the bottom).
All mail and e-mails received by the Town of Indian River Shores is public information under State law. E-mail should NOT be used for emergency notifications. Under Florida law, mailing addresses and e-mail addresses are public records. If you want to avoid the potential release of your mailing address or e-mail address in response to a public-records request, do not place your mailing address on written documents or send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact us by phone at (772) 231-1771.