Voting Dates 2018 - Council & Other November 6
Electing Officials for the Town of Indian River Shores
The Town of Indian River Shores holds elections every even-numbered year to elect two or three of the five-member Town Council. This election is held on the first Tuesday in November, usually in the Town's Community Center. This year the 2018 Primary Elections will be held at Christ by the Sea Methodist Church at 3755 A1A in Vero Beach due to the reconstruction of the Community Center.
The next election for Indian River Shores Town Council is November 6, 2018. We will have two seats available. Vice Mayor Mike Ochsner is eligible for reelection, and Councilman Dick Haverland is term-limited and unable to seek reelection.
The qualified candidates for November 2018 ballot for Town Council are Brian T. Foley, Michael Blair Ochsner, and Jesse "Sam" Carroll.
Candidate information packet click here
Campaign Finance Handbook for Treasurers and Candidates for 2018
Anyone interested in becoming an Indian River Shores council member must have been a resident of the Town for at least one year prior to the election. Our council members are elected "at large," which means that each council member represents the Town as a whole rather than a specific district within the Town. Other important considerations include:
- Willingness to serve a 4-year term of office;
- Availability to meet at least once per month, usually on the fourth Thursday at 9 a.m., to conduct the affairs of the Town;
- Availability to represent the Town on one or more boards or committees for normal monthly meetings in the county or state;
- Participation in selection of the mayor and vice-mayor for 2-year terms at a special or regular meeting following the elections;
- Serving without remuneration (unpaid other than reimbursable travel expenses).
Please contact the Town Clerk for further details or information regarding seeking election to Indian River Shores Town Council.