Boards and Committees

Town Boards and Committees - The Town Organizational Chart lists the current members for each board or committee.

Opportunities to Serve.

  • IRC School Board Citizens Advisory Committee has one opening for a representative from the Town. If interested, please submit a completed Town application for Boards and Committees found here for Council's consideration.
  • Planning, Zoning & Variance Board (PZVB) has one opening for an alternate member.
  • Finance Committee has one opening for an alternate member.
  • 2 alternate members are needed for the Code Enforcement Board.
  • 1 Alternate to the Town's appointee on the County's MPO BAC (Metropolitan Planning Organization Bicycle Advisory Committee) is needed for potentially one meeting a year. Attendance at any of the public meetings is always encouraged for those who are interested! To apply, please visit the County website to complete an application. The Town Council will consider that application at a regular Council meeting for submittal to the County for appointment.

To apply for consideration as a volunteer on one of the Town Boards or Committees, please complete this form and bring it to the Town Clerk, or email it to

Important for all elected or appointed officials to know

Sunshine Law, Ethics and Financial Disclosure may apply! (click on the link for more information)

Download the Current Financial Disclosure Form Here

The Planning, Zoning and Variance (PZV) Board is the most active, with meetings scheduled for the second Tuesday of each month at 2:00 p.m. as needed. Please see the Meetings page for a complete and accurate listing of dates and times. These meetings are open to the public and are held in the Town Council Chambers. Prospective or newly appointed members, please read this important information.

The Police and Fire Pension Board is required to hold quarterly meetings each year, which are held in the Community Center. The Board operates independently of the Town Council under Florida Statute 175/185. Please direct any questions relating to this to the Chairman, Fire Medic Rick Villars in our Public Safety Department, (772) 231-2451.

The Town Council sits as the Board for the Defined Benefit Pension for General Employees, which meets as needed.

The Finance Committee meets as needed throughout the year.

The Code Enforcement Board meets as needed when a violation is not remedied during normal course of processing.

Other obligations for the Town are to provide a representative to the Indian River County Metropolitan Planning Organization's Citizens Advisory Committee (MPO CAC). Click here for information, or contact Patti Johnson at the Indian River County MPO Office (772) 226-1455, A resident is also appointed to be on the School Board's Citizen Oversight Committee, which meets annually.