Doing Business

We hope you will find this page to be helpful in conducting business with the Town.

Please click on the appropriate links for:

Short Term / Vacation Rentals Information and Enacting Resolution with Fees. There are more details in the Code of Ordinances at this link or by accessing Ordinance 546 on this website.

Assistance in performing a LIEN SEARCH for an address located within the Town limits of Indian River Shores is obtained from:

The City of Vero Beach for water (772) 978-5220) or electric-related (772) 978-5100) utility liens for properties roughly south of Old Winter Beach Road; Florida Power & Light (FPL) provides electric service for properties north of Old Winter Beach Road and associates non-payment with individuals rather than addresses.

The Indian River County Clerk of Court maintains recorded liens against a property for any failure to comply with the Town's Code of Ordinances.

You are invited to access the Town's iWorq system to research permits for a particular address or contractor. Choose the Search by criteria in the second field (Permit #, Date, Parcel #, or Parcel Address) first, then type the address in the Search Criteria field on top. If you need assistance, contact the Building Department by phone (772) 231-4453 or email for best service. Please note: Fees may apply for excessive time spent researching. A form may be requested to be completed for Departmental use to expedite their research assistance.

Public Records Requests

For Public Records Requests that are not police/fire related, please contact the official custodian for Town records, Town Clerk Laura Aldrich:

  • In person, 6001 N. State Road A1A, Indian River Shores, Florida (at the flashing light on Fred Tuerk Drive/Beachcomber Lane, northwest corner office)
  • By emailing
  • By calling (772) 231-1771, extension 121 OR faxing 772-231-4348

Records related to the Building Department may be obtained by completing this request form and returning it to the Building Department.

Public Safety Record Requests

Records related to the Public Safety Department (Police or Fire related), please contact official custodian of those documents, Charlene Hall:

In person, 6001 N. State Road A1A, Indian River Shores, Florida (at the flashing light on Fred Tuerk Drive/Beachcomber Lane, 3rd building on the right, large double entry doors)

By emailing

By calling (772) 231-2451, extension 222 OR faxing (772) 231-2444
Records related to the Police-Fire Pension Plan may be obtained through the Plan's administrator (click here for details)